Gerri Lamb, PhD, RN, FAAN
- PhD - University of Arizona, AZ, 1987
Clinical Nursing Research
- MS - University of Rochester, NY, 1978
Adult Nurse Practitioner
- BS - State University of New York at Albany, NY, Summa Cum Laude, 1973
- Lamb, G., Zimring, C, Chuzi, J, Dutcher, D. (2010). Designing better healthcare environments: Interdisciplinary Competencies in Healthcare Design. Journal of Interprofessional Care.
- Lamb, G. Quality, safety and hope. (2009) Nursing Outlook 57(6), 299-301
- Lamb, G. (2007). Advancing Nursing Systems Research. Research in Nursing and Health, 30(4):358-360.
- Lamb, G., Kip KE, Mapes D, Burrows-Hudson S, Cesta T, & Zazworsky D. Reliability and validity of a risk assessment tool for patients with kidney failure. Nephrology Nursing Journal, 2004;31(3),267-270, 276-282.
Nursing care delivery systems and patient outcomes with a focus on nurse care coordination within and across settings; interprofessional practice to improve healthcare environments.
Current/Recent Grants and Projects
- Using research findings to improve nurse care coordination. Principal Investigator. Funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation June 2009-July 2010
- Improving the quality of nursing home care by reducing acute care hospitalizations. Co-Principal Investigator with Dr. Joseph Ouslander. Funded by the Commonwealth Fund September 2008- August 2010.
- Developing a graduate level curriculum to improve the safety and quality of healthcare environments. Principal Investigator. Funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. February 2007 - June 2009.
- Nurse Sensitive Measurement of Hospital Care Coordination. Principal Investigator. Funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. August 2006 - August 2009.
- 2010 - Vice Chair, Nursing Alliance on Quality Care
- 2008 - Co-Chair National Quality Forum Steering Committee on Care Coordination
- 1997 - Distinguished Scholar Award, University of Arizona
- 1994 - Distinguished Alumni Award, University of Rochester
- 1993 - Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing