Elizabeth Reifsnider PhD, RN, WHNP, PHCNS-BC, FAAN
Associate Dean for Research
Nancy Melvin Professor of Pediatric Nursing
- PhD - University of Texas at Austin, 1994
Family and Community Nursing
- MS - University of Oklahoma College of Nursing, 1983
Maternity Nursing, Education
- Women's Health Nurse Practitioner Certificate - University of Oklahoma Medical School, 1977
- BSN - Avila College, Kansas City, MO, 1975
- Barroso C, Roncancio A, Hinojosa M, Reifsnider E. (2012). The association between early childhood overweight and maternal factors. Childhood Obesity. 8(5), 460-465.
- Reifsnider E, Mendias N, Davila Y. (2012). Foreword: Community health workers: full members of the health care team. Family & Community Health, 35(2), 90-91.
- Reifsnider, E. & Mendias, N. Impact of Early Infant Feeding on Childhood Obesity. (2012). In Childhood Obesity, INTECH Publisher: Rijeka, Croatia.
- Mendias N, Davila Y, Reifsnider E, Douzar B, Nelson G, Teske L. (2011). One-Stop Shopping for HIV Information and Resources: The HIV Case Manager Portal. JANAC (Journal of Nurses in AIDS Care).
- Williams, K., Cooks J., Reifsnider, E. & Coleman, S. (2011) "How do you work with a community when there are competing priorities and different expectations?" of "Challenges in Improving Community Engaged Research," Chapter 5 of CTSA Community Engagement Key Function Committee Task Force on the Principles of Community Engagement. Principles of Community Engagement, 2nd edition. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 2011.
Public health nursing interventions to improve the nutrition and growth of pregnant women, infants, toddlers, and preschoolers, especially regarding breastfeeding and prevention of failure to thrive and overweight/obesity.
Grants and Projects
- National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Instittue of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases - R01DK096488. Preventing Childhood Obesity through Early Feeding and Parenting Guidance. 2012-2017. Role: PI.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR) - 1T32NR012718-01. Transdisciplinary Training in Health Disparities Science (T32). 2011-2016. Role: Co-PI.
- NIH/NINR R21 (Supplement for Hurricane Ike), Title: Reducing Overweight among Galveston WIC Participants, Period: 2010-2012, Total Cost: $188,750, Role: PI
- HRSA/Division of Nursing, Cultural Competency for Community Health Nurses, 2008-2011, Total Cost: $870,000, Role: PI
- NIH/NINR R21, Reducing Overweight among Galveston WIC Participants, 2008-2010, Total Cost: $400,000, Role: PI
- 2012 - Excellence in Research Award, Beta Upsilon Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International
- 2011 - Nancy Melvin Endowed Professor of Pediatric Nursing
- 2009 - Excellence in Research Award, Alpha Delta Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International
- 2007 - Excellence in Research Award, Alpha Delta Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International