Matthew P. Buman, PhD
- PhD - University of Florida, FL, 2008
Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Graduate Certificate - University of Florida, FL, 2008
Public Health, concentration in Social and Behavioral Science
- MS - Springfield College, MA, 2004
Counseling Psychology, concentration in Athletic Counseling
- BS - University of Utah, UT, 2002
Exercise and Sport Science
- Buman, M. P., Hekler, E. B., Haskell, W. L., Pruitt, L. Conway, T. L., Cain, K., Castro, C. M., Saelens, B. E., Frank, L. D., Sallis, J. F., King, A. C. (2010). Objective light intensity physical activity associations with rated health in older adults. American Journal of Epidemiology, 172(10),1155-1165.
- Buman, M. P., Hekler, E. B., Bliwise, D. L., & King, A. C. (2010) Exercise effects on night-to-night fluctuations in self-rated sleep among older adults with sleep complaints. Journal of Sleep Research. 20(1), 28-37.
- Buman, M. P., Giacobbi, P. R., Yasova, L. D., & McCrae, C. S. (2009). Using the Constructive Narrative Perspective to Understand Physical Activity Reasoning Schema in Sedentary Adults. Journal of Health Psychology, 14, 1174-1183.
Community-based physical activity interventions for mid-life and older adults; objective measurement of physical activity; physical activity and sleep; built environmental impacts on health behaviors.
- Citation Award, Society of Behavioral Medicine, 2011