Jennifer Huberty, PhD
- PhD - niversity of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
Exercise and Sport Science ? Fitness Leadership Emphasis, 2004
- MS - James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA
Kinesiology/Exercise Science, 1999
- BS - Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ
Exercise Science, 1997
- Huberty, J., Vener, J., Gao, Y., Matthews, J., Ransdell, L., & Elavsky. (2013). Developing an instrument to measure physical activity related self-worth in women: Rasch analysis of the Physical Activity Self-Worth Inventory (PASWI). Psychology of Sport & Exercise, 14(1), 111-121
- Huberty, J.L., Dinkel, D., Beets, M., Coleman, J. (2012) Determining the use of the internet for health, physical activity, and nutrition information in pregnant women. Maternal and Child Health, epub ahead of print.
- Huberty, J.L., Ehlers, D., Coleman, J., Gao, Y., & Elavsky, S. (July 2012) Women Bound to Be Active: Differences in long-term physical activity between completers and non-completers of a book club intervention. Journal of Physical Activity in Health, epub ahead of print.
- Huberty, J., Wolcott, D., Coleman, J., Beighle, A., & Apenteng, B. (2012). The role of schools in youth physical activity participation: Staff and parent perceptions. Health Education Research, 27(6), 986-95.
- Beets, M. W., Huberty, J. L., & Beighle, A. (2012). Physical activity of children attending afterschool programs: Research? and practice?based implications. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 42(2): 180-184.
Physical activity (PA) adherence in middle-aged women, relationship of self-worth, relationship of PA and grief/depressive symptoms in perinatal loss, using technology to improve PA in women, utilizing policy to improve PA behaviors in youth during and after school
Grants and Projects
- Huberty, J.L. (Co-I; 2012-2016) Physical activity and nutrition intervention in afterschool programs. NIH/NHLBI R01, $2.7 million
- Huberty, J.L. (PI; 2012). Fit Minded Mothers: A novel intervention to increase physical activity in women of perinatal loss. Olson Women?s Center, $50,000
- Huberty, J.L. (Co-I; 2010). Communities Putting Prevention to Work: Movin After School. Center for Disease Control, Co-I with Douglas County Health Department, $5.7 million.
- Huberty, J.L (PI; 2008). Effects of environmental changes at recess on physical activity (PA) levels in socioeconomically disadvantaged children in Nebraska. Robert Wood Johnson Foundation- Active Living Research. $352,641.
- Huberty, J. L. (PI; 2011) Social Media and Pregnancy. University of Nebraska Omaha, $35,000
- 2013 - American Journal of Preventive Medicine Childhood Obesity Challenge - 2nd Place
- 2011 - Research Innovation Award - University of Nebraska Medical Center & UNeMed Corporation
- 2009/2010 - New Invention Award/Licensed Technology Award - University of Nebraska Medical Center & UNeMed Corporation - Advancing the UNMC Research Program through new inventions
- 2007 - Fellow - Physical Activity and Public Health Course- University of South Carolina Arnold School of Public Health and Center for Disease Control
- 2007/2010 - Varner Professorship - University of Nebraska Omaha - Outstanding Research and Community Service