Adriana Perez, PhD, ANP
Assistant Professor & Southwest Borderlands Scholar
- John A. Hartford Foundation Claire M. Fagin Fellow - 2009-2011
- PhD - Arizona State University, AZ, 2004
- MS - Arizona State University, AZ, 2004
- BSN - Arizona State University, AZ, 2000
- Perez, A., Fleury, J. & Keller, C. (2010). Review of interventions promoting physical activity in Hispanic women. Western Journal of Nursing Research, 32 (3), 341-362.
- Perez, A., Fleury, J. & Keller, C. (2009). Wellness Motivation Theory in Practice. Special Supplement to Geriatric Nursing: Theory-Based Interventions for Research and Clinical Practice, 30(2 Suppl): 15-20. NIHMSID: NIHMS110951
- Fleury, J., Keller, C., & Perez, A. (2009) Social support theoretical perspective. Special Supplement to Geriatric Nursing: Theory-Based Interventions for Research and Clinical Practice. NIHMSID: NIHMS122568
- Fleury, J., Keller, C., & Perez, G.A., Lee, S.M. (2009). The role of lay health advisors in cardiovascular risk reduction: A review. Am J Community Psychol, 44(1-2), 28-42.
Cardiovascular health promotion among older diverse populations, theory-based motivational intervention, healthy aging, physical activity, policy focused on translation of effective interventions that promote healthy aging in sustainable community programs.
Grants and Projects
- Health and Aging Policy Fellow, the Atlantic Philanthropies. Center for Disease Control. 10/11 - 09/12.
- John A. Hartford Foundation, Claire M. Fagin Fellow. (J. Fleury, Mentor). 09/09 - 08/11.
- John A. Hartford Foundation, Building Academic Geriatric Nursing Capacity, Predoctoral Scholar. (J. Fleury, Mentor). 07/09 - 06/11.
- Primary Mentor: J. Fleury. Individual National Research Service Award: Motivational Intervention Promoting Physical Activity in Older Hispanic Women. (NIH/NINR Grant #F31NR010049-01A1). 07/09 - 07/11.
- National Institutes of Health/National Institute on Aging Summer Institute on Aging Research Scholar, 2010
- Gerontological Society of America/Hartford Geriatric Social Work Faculty Scholars Policy Leadership Institute, 2010
- National Coalition of Ethnic Minority Nurses Association/AETNA Fellowship Award, 2006