Coursen, PhD, WHNP-BC
Clinical Associate Professor
College of Health Solutions
PhD - Arizona State University, AZ
on ethics and health care policy
MS - Arizona State University, AZ
Health Nurse Practitioner
BSN - Arizona State University, AZ
- Gance-Cleveland, B., Aldrich, H., Schmiege, S., Coursen,
C., Dandreaux, D., and Gilbert, L. (April, 2015). Clinician
adherence to childhood overweight and obesity recommendations by
race/ethnicity of the child. Journal for Specialists in
Pediatric Nursing Volume 20, Issue 2, pages 115–122,
- Wilson, B.L., Coursen, C.C., and Butler,
M.J.(Summer, 2011). Not always black and white: Racial bias for
birth disparities from excluding Hispanic identification.
Journal of Health Disparities Research and Practice, 5
Coursen, C. (April, 2011). Cultural competence in
for NPs and PAs.
Campbell-Coursen, C. (2009). Inequalities affecting
access to healthcare: A philosophical reflection. International
Journal of Human Caring, 13(1). pp. 7-15.
Social justice inquiry, ethics, and health care policy affecting the
poor and underserved.
- 2013-14 Co-chair, task force for ethics and integrity at ASU
- 2012 - Appointed Lincoln Fellow: Lincoln Center for
- 2012 - Elected President, Downtown Faculty Senate
- 2012 - Nominee: March of Dimes Nurse of the Year,
- 2010 - Finalist: March of Dimes Nurse of the Year,
- 2008 - Excellence in Teaching award from the first
graduating class of PM-DNP students Arizona State University College
of Nursing and Health Innovation