Pipe, PhD, RN
PhD - Pennsylvania State University, PA,
Health Policy and Administration with a minor in Gerontology
MSN - University of Arizona, AZ, 1989
BSN - University of Iowa, IA, 1985
Pipe, T., (2013). Preparing the Emerging Nursing
and Health Workforce, Nursing Administration Quarterly, NAQ-D-13-00053R1.
- Wilson, B., Kelly, L., Reifsnider, E., Pipe, T.,
Brumfield, V. (2013). Creative Approaches to Increasing
Hospital-based Nursing Research. Journal of Nursing
Administration, 43(2): 80-8.
Pipe. T., Buchda, V., Launder, S., Hudak, B.,
Hulvey, L., Karns, K. and Pendergast, D. (2012). Building personal
and professional resources of resilience and agility in the
workplace. Stress and Health, 28(1): 11-22.
- Frost, M., Johnson, M., Atherton, P., Petersen, W., Dose, A.,
Kasner, M., Sloan, J & Pipe, T. (2012)
Spiritual well-being and quality of life of women with ovarian
cancer and their spouses. Journal of Supportive Oncology
Pipe, T., Connolly, T., Spahr, N., Lendzion, N.,
Buchda, V., Cisar, N. (2012). Bringing the basics to life: Defining
patient care essentials. Nursing Administration Quarterly,
Pipe, T., Mishark, K., Hansen, P., Hartsell, Z.,
Hentz, J. (2010). Rediscovering the art of healing connection by
creating the tree of life poster. Journal of Gerontological
Nursing, 36 (6), 47-55
- Tucker, S., Harris, M., Pipe, T., Stevens, S.
(2010). Nurses' Ratings of Their Health and Professional Work
Environments. American Association of Occupational Health
Nursing Journal, 58(6), 253-267.
Resilience in professional and clinical populations, health
promotion/wellness, positive coping and stress management, oncology
Current/Recent Grants and Projects
- Phoenix VA Health Care System - Arizona State University College
of Nursing & Health Innovation Partnership to Transform Nursing
Education and Practice (PAP-NEP) Project (Co-investigator). Funded
by Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration,
VA Nursing Academic Partnerships, 2013-2017.
- The Neural Correlates of Non-invasive Interventions for Symptoms
of Depression and Anxiety in Back Pain Patiens: An fMRI Pilot
Project, (Co-investigator). Funded by Barrow Neurological
Foundation, August 2013-September 2013.
- Coping with Breast Cancer and Long-term Health Promotion:
Examining Maladaptive Communication between Mothers and Young-Adult
Daughters (Principal Investigator). Funded by Mayo/ASU Seed Grants,
- Unrestricted Educational Grant: Professional Development: Oncology
Nursing Research (Principal Investigator with Dr. Fonseca). Funded
by Millennium, October 2009-October 2010.
- "A phase II trial evaluating two non-pharmacologic
interventions in cancer survivors for the treatment of sleep-wake
disturbances" (Study Chair with Debra Barton, PhD, RN, AOCN,
FAAN). Funded by National Cancer Institute/North Central Treatment
Group Cooperative, September 2009-2011
- "Patient Care Innovation: Assessing the IV Pole Human Factor
Interface Design Features for Safety and Mobility in an Acute Care
Setting" (Principal Investigator). Funded by Mayo Clinic
- Integrative Education and Training Program for Mayo Clinic Nurses:
Evidence-Based Practice, Performance Measurement and Informatics
(Co-Investigator). Funded by Mayo Clinic Rochester Executive Board,
- Leadership Excellence Award, Sigma Theta Tau Beta Upsilon, 2012
- MedSurg Nursing Journal's Research for Practice Writer's Award, 2009
- Excellence in Teaching, Grand Canyon University, 1999
- Phi Kappa Phi, Pennsylvania State University, 1999
- Sigma Xi, 1990
- Sigma Theta Tau Research Award, Beta Mu Chapter