Colleen Keller, PhD, FAHA, FAAN
Foundation Professor in Women’s Health and
Center for Healthy Outcomes in Aging
Co-Director, T32 Transdisciplinary Training in Health
Family Nurse Practitioner - University of Texas at
Arlington, Arlington, TX
PhD - University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
MSN - Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
BSN - Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
Keller, C., & Ainsworth, B. (2012). Study
implementation: An example using the Madres Para la Salud (Mothers
for Health) Study. In B. Melnyk, & D. Morrison-Beedy (Eds),
Designing, conducting, analyzing and funding intervention
research: A practical guide for success. New York: Springer
Publishing Co., Inc.
Keller, C., Records, K., Coe, K., Ainsworth, B.,
Vega Lopez, S., Nagle-Williams, A., & Permana, P. (2012).
Promotoras' roles in integrative validity and treatment fidelity
efforts in randomized controlled trials. Journal of Family and
Community Health, 25(2), 120-129.
Keller, C., Records, K., Ainsworth, B., Belyea, M.,
Permana, P., Coonrod, D., Vega Lopez, S., & Nagle-Williams, A.
(2011). Madres para la Salud: Design of a theory-based intervention
for postpartum Latinas. Contemporary Clinical Trials, 32, 418-427.
Keller, C., Larkey, L., DiStefano, J. K.,
Boehm-Smith, E., Records, K., Robillard, A., Veres, S., Al-Zadjali,
M., & O’Brian, A.M. (2010). Perimenopausal obesity.
Journal of Women, 19(5), 987-996.
- Al-Zadjali, M., Keller, C., Larkey, L., &
Albertini, L. (2010). Evaluation of interventions in weight
management in postmenopausal women. Geriatric Nursing,
Current/Recent Grants and Projects
- Transdisciplinary Training in Health Disparities Science (TTHDS)
Source: NIH/NINR T32 1T32NR012718-01 Period: 2011-2016 Direct Costs
- National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Nursing
Research (NINR) - 1T32NR012718-01. Transdisciplinary Training in
Health Disparities Science (T32). 2011-2016. Role: Co-PI.
- Madres para la Salud [Mothers for Health] (PI). Source: NIH/NINR
(1 R01NR010356-01A2). Period: 2009-2013. Direct Costs (Total): $1,285,000.
- Comprehensive Geriatric Education Center (PI) Source: Health
Resources Services Administration: Division of Nursing. Period:
2009-2013. Direct Costs (Total): $471,000.
- Hartford Center of Geriatric Nursing Excellence (Director).Source:
John A. Hartford Foundation. Period: 2008-2012. Direct Costs
- Identity Impairment: The Cognitive Foundation of Risk Behaviors in
Hispanic Women (Co-I, Karen Stein, PI). Source: NIH/NINR (RO1
NR009691-01A2). Period: 2007-2011. Direct Costs (Total): $4,200,000.
- Regents' Professor, 2011
- ASU’s first Foundation Professor in Women’s Health, 2008
- The Yellow Rose of Texas Award for Excellence in Education, 1998
- Rosemary Kerr McKevitt Memorial Research Award, 1997
- Outstanding Clinical Student Award, The University of Texas at
- Service Award, Black Women's Task Force, 1992 Fellow, American
Heart Association (elected), 1991