Wildlife Management

Wildlife Management, Certificate

Click to save to my favorites

Wildlife Management, Certificate


Applied Biology, Conservation, Natural Resources, ecological restoration, ecology

Are you interested in biology, conservation, sustainability and management of natural resources? Build your professional credentials for a growing number of environmental careers. Learn more about the student experience.


The undergraduate wildlife management certificate program is for students at ASU interested in biology, conservation, sustainability and management of natural resources. The certificate provides students with professional credentials to qualify for many positions offered by state (e.g., Arizona Game and Fish Department) and federal agencies (e.g., U.S. Forest Service, U.S. Geological Survey, U.S. Bureau of Land Management). The certificate will provide students with application-based and hands-on experience in the field and allow them to engage with wildlife professionals. The certificate may give a hiring edge to those in the growing field of environmental careers in agencies and nongovernment organizations.

At a Glance
Required Courses (Certificate Map)
Program Requirements

This certificate requires 22 credit hours.
Required Courses -- 13 credit hours
Elective Courses -- 9 credit hours
A "C" (2.00 on a 4.00 scale) or better is required in each course.
Depending on a student's undergraduate program of study, prerequisite courses may be needed in order to complete the requirements of this certificate.

Enrollment Requirements

Students interested in pursing the certificate should speak with an academic advisor in the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts.

A student pursuing an undergraduate certificate must be enrolled as a degree-seeking student at ASU. Undergraduate certificates are not awarded prior to the award of an undergraduate degree. A student already holding an undergraduate degree may pursue an undergraduate certificate as a nondegree-seeking graduate student.

Contact Information

What are Accelerated Degrees?
ASU students can accelerate their studies by earning a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in as little as five years, for some programs, or by earning a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 or 3 years.

Accelerated bachelors-masters degrees are designed to give high-achieving undergraduate students the opportunity to combine advanced undergraduate coursework with graduate coursework to accelerate graduate degree completion. These programs, featuring the same high-quality curriculum taught by our world-renowned faculty, allow students to obtain both a bachelor's and master's degree in as little as five years.

An accelerated bachelor’s degree allows students to choose either a 2.5- or a 3-year path while participating in the same high-quality educational experience if they were pursuing the four-year option. Students can opt to fast track their studies after acceptance into a participating program by connecting with their academic advisor.
What are Concurrent Programs?
Students pursuing concurrent degrees earn two distinct degrees and receive two diplomas. ASU offers students two ways to earn concurrent degrees: by choosing a predetermined combination or creating their own combination. Predetermined combinations have a single admissions application and one easy to follow major map. To add a concurrent degree to your existing degree, work with your academic advisor. Either way, concurrent degrees allow students to pursue their own personal or professional interests.
What are Joint Programs?
Joint programs, or jointly conferred degrees, are offered by more than one college and provide opportunities for students to take advantage of the academic strengths of two academic units. Upon graduation, students are awarded one degree and one diploma conferred by two colleges.

What constitutes a New Program?
ASU adds new programs to Degree Search frequently. Come back often and look for the “New Programs” option.
What are Online Programs?
ASU Online offers programs in an entirely online format with multiple enrollment sessions throughout the year. See http://asuonline.asu.edu/ for more information.
What is the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)?
The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) is a program in which residents of western states (other than Arizona) may be eligible for reduced nonresident tuition. See more information and eligibility requirements on the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) program.

click back to top